Photography | Food | Crafts
I'm too creative to sit behind a desk

March 13, 2011

Chocolate Mousse...with a twist

Chocolate mousse is one of the best creations...EVER.  I've been wanting to make it for a while now but the ingredients are very discouraging: heavy cream, 6-8 eggs, sugar, chocolate, etc..Ah!  When a craving comes along, I go to Whole Foods and get my fix...UNTIL NOW.  This chocolate mousse recipe is delicious, easy, and much lower in fat and calories!  Do NOT let the first ingredient discourage you  :) 

Ingredients:
16 oz. silken tofu (1 package)
4.8 oz. semi-sweet or dark chocolate (50-60% cocoa)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon

1. Puree tofu in blender until smooth
2. In a double broiler, melt remaining ingredients until smooth
3. Add chocolate mix with tofu and blend well

 Let it set in containers or tartlet shells for 2-3 hours (see pictures below), garnish with fresh fruit or chocolate shavings.  (PS: Tartlet shells = store brought, bakery aisle)

 Decadence!! 



2 comments:

  1. Hooray for tofu! I'm dubbing you chef patissier. Tres bien mademoiselle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neena! You never seize to amaze me! You go girl! Can't wait to silken my diet =)

    ReplyDelete