Photography | Food | Crafts
I'm too creative to sit behind a desk

March 14, 2011

Rajas Con Queso

The obsession with Rajas Con Queso began a few years ago when visiting a local Chuy's.  My friends and I would go there just to eat this and one day, our waiter told us that it is no longer on the menu (we were grief-stricken for quite sometime).  A couple of years passed and I finally found a recipe for it.   It's a close replica of the one we used to eat at Chuy's!

Ingredients:
2-3 Poblano peppers
1 onion, sliced
1-2 garlic cloves, finely diced
1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
8 oz. sour cream (I prefer to use fat free or reduced fat)
1 Vegetable bouillon cube or various spices: salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper (Spices should be according to taste - I didn't measure it) :P
Handful of mozzarella cheese

1.  Roast the poblano peppers on a flame (gas stove) or oven until blackened.  Wrap in paper towel and put it in a plastic/brown bag for 10-15 minutes.
2.  Add onions and jalapeno in a saute pan (with a little oil or spray), stir for 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat, then add garlic.
3.  While the onions are cooking, peel the top layer of skin off of the peppers.  Slice into thin strips.
4.  When onions are soft, add peppers and stir for 3-5 minutes.
5.  Add sour cream and bouillon cube (or spices), stirring frequently.  When the mix is warm, add mozzarella cheese, stir until well blended
Serve with chips or warm tortillas

Ole!

2 comments:

  1. You are tempting me with these fanciful pictures of food. I sure hope you are planning another dinner party. I'll be looking for the invite ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Marisa and I will be ready for the taste test. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete